Information, Advice & Guidance (IAG)
Have you just finished college or university and are unsure of your next move? Have you been made redundant or are you returning to work from time out? Or perhaps you might be unhappy in your current job and ready for a change, but not sure what.
Whatever your circumstances, our Nations Careers adviser will provide information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. The service offers confidential and impartial advice.
How can the College IAG Service help?
Our friendly and experienced advisers can help you with the following:
- Finding the right course or career choice for you
- Improving your job-search skills
- Developing your C.V
- Improving your interview and presentation skills
- Finding out about funding to support your learning
- Improving your reading, writing and maths
- Understanding the local job market
- Progressing in your current job
- Gaining business start up information and training
- Discovering your transferable skills to help you change career pathways
- In-Work benefit calculation
- Discovering types of disability and childcare support available
- Exploring voluntary placements
Come and see us
- You’ll find the IAG staff to be friendly, supportive and knowledgeable
- Discussions with them will be impartial and centered on your specific need
- The service is FREE.
How can I get in touch with the College IAG Service?
Call 01733 761361 to book an appointment, email your query to our information line at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call into City College Peterborough, Brook Street, Peterborough PE1 1TU.