Mature student funding available for students at City College Peterborough
Student loans are available to help students, like you, gain the best possible value from further education. There are a variety of student loans that may be available to you, but one of the best schemes out there is the 24+ Advanced Learning Loan.
Begin by asking yourself these questions to find out if you’re eligible for the 24+ Advanced Learning Loan and mature student funding:
– Will you be 24 years old or older at the start of your further education course? – Are you a UK resident, and will you have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for three years immediately before the start of your course? – Would this be the first time you have received a loan to do the same type qualification and the same level of that qualification? If you answered yes to all three of those questions then you could be eligible for a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan that will help to fund your further education here at City College Peterborough.
How will a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan work for you?
Mature student funding will help lighten the costs of further education, either by reducing the overall fees you will owe or by spreading out the costs over a longer period of time. With the 24+ Advanced Learning Loan you:
- Don’t have to pay anything upfront for your course
- Can apply to receive a loan that covers up to 100% of the full course fees
- Won’t have to pay anything back if you are earning less that £21,000 per annum
- Won’t have to start making repayments until April 2016, if you do earn more than £21,000 per annum
- Could be paying back as little as £7 a month
- Will not have to pay back your further education student loan, if the original loan is for an Access to Higher Education Programme (if you want to know whether your course is an Access to Higher Education Programme, please give us a call on 01733 761 361)
How can you apply for a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan?
There’s a lot of useful information to help you get to grips with students loans and mature student funding, along with advice on putting forward an application for the 24+ Advanced Learning Loan. If you would like to discuss your options with regards to student loans and funding for further education, please get in touch with our customer services team on 01733 761 361. Alternatively you can pop in to visit us at City College Peterborough and pick up a student loan application form at reception. The team there will also be able to help you with any queries you may have. If you would rather make your student loan application online, you can access an online application form on Gov.uk.