2-week Study Skills preparation course during August 2019.
If you are starting university soon or planning to do another Higher Education course, would you like to give yourself a headstart by brushing up on the skills you’ll need? Why not come along to this short course?
During the course you will research your chosen area of interest, you will also explore the following topics:
- Personal study skills – time management, maintaining pace and motivation
- Research skills – how to find reliable sources related to your chosen topic
- Critical thinking – how to evaluate sources of information, read critically and assess a writer’s argument
- Reading effectively – both extensively and selectively
- Note taking – developing a style to suit your learning preferences
- Building up an argument, structuring essays, synthesising ideas
- Acknowledging the ideas of other academics – citing and referencing according to Harvard conventions
- Avoiding plagiarism – paraphrasing, summarising and quoting
- Making a presentation
- Writing effectively – developing an appropriate style, dealing with grammatical fears and weaknesses, proof reading
Course Length: Two weeks from Monday to Thursday (09:00 – 12:30), a total of 28 guided learning hours with a minimum of 5 hours self- study in your own time, per week.
Cost of course: £280
How to enrol: For more information or to enrol, please contact Sarah Perkins on 01733 761361 or email email@example.com.