City College: Keeping Peterborough Learning and Thriving
Our promise to our learners
In line with the latest Government guidance, City College is now closed to learners apart from Study Programme learners attending class, college staff, and Day Opportunities service users.
You are part of the college community and though that hasn’t changed, your social interaction with friends and tutors has. Keeping engaged with your colleagues and tutors through your on-line learning and supporting your own development is good for your wellbeing as well as your progress.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. We hope all our learners and their families and friends stay safe and healthy.
01/07/2020 – Adult Learners
We have moved from face-to-face learning to online and flexible delivery of learning for qualifications so that all your hard work can be rewarded and for most learners, you will be able to continue your course and qualification online. We are working with awarding bodies to gather evidence of learners’ achievement and are working to evidence achievement on non-qualification courses via internal documents.
In line with the latest Government guidance, City College is still closed to learners but we have moved to online and flexible delivery of learning.
We are currently planning for what the easing of the lockdown might mean to allow us to resume some sort of more normal service to learners and supported people, while keeping everyone as safe as possible. Our planning is guided by government advice and we plan to publish our new Course Guide for August to December 2020 in mid July.
In the meantime, thank you for your understanding and patience and we hope all our learners and supported people and their families and friends stay safe and healthy.
While you’re waiting for our exciting new courses, you can still enjoy some online learning: Access current online courses here (adults)
We will soon be offering new online qualification courses for adults – please check back on this website regularly for updates and keep an eye on our social media.
01/07/2020 – Day Opportunities
Day Opportunities will remain open to help support service users and their families. Each service user has been contacted to arrange appropriate support which may be via the phone.
23/06/2020 – Study Programmes
We are open and here to help and support you.
All learners have been contacted in regards to re-attending College and we are now accepting learners back. These will all be pre-arranged with tutors and the wellbeing team to ensure we can accommodate learners before returning to College. Learner and staff safety is very important to us and in order to ensure we provide the safest possible environment we have put the following in place:
- work packs
- individual named stationary packs.
- Sanitiser stations on entrance and exit
- Lunch packs
- Milton stations in every classroom – all desks sanitised after every use
- Implemented one learner per time in wc
As a study Programme learner, you can access a variety of different Wellbeing & Learning opportunities. Tutors are available online and via the telephone to help you improve your skills and knowledge. The wellbeing team are making safe and well checks and if you need to contact them outside of your telephone call, you can email email@example.com and one of the team will get in touch.
Free school meals will continue to be delivered to those learners who are entitled.
Why not join one of our online enrichment sessions? The Drama Club is running every Thursday at 2pm. All welcome! Why not log on and enjoy the fun. It’s a great way to catch up with college staff and friends.
The John Mansfield Campus is closed, but the Brook Street Campus remains open for those learners who are returning to College.
Our message to you is that we are open, we have staff available to help and support you. Stay safe and stay well.
For further information check out our online learning page.
25/03/2020 – Coronavirus scam awareness
24/03/2020 – The College continues to operate in line with the Government’s advice concerning coronavirus and is only open Study Programme learners attending class, college staff, and Day Opportunities service users.
On Wednesday 18th March, the government has announced schools will be closing from Friday 20th March for the foreseeable future.
- Study Programmes, In order to keep learners safe and following Government advice the John Mansfield Campus is now closed. Please contact the College on 01733 761361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are planning to attend, as only learners who are vulnerable or who’s parent/carers are classed as Emergency Keyworkers are to attend at our Brook Street Campus, Jean Hunt Building, PE1 1TU. Please also use this number/email if you need to access support or advice.
- All Adult classes/exams will be suspended, until further notice. These classes will move to a fully online learning model where practically possible.
- We will be working with awarding bodies, staff and learners, to start pulling together any evidence we have so far of learners’ achievement and will be doing the same to evidence achievement via internal documents.
- Day Opportunities will remain open to help support service users and their families. Each service user has been contacted to arrange appropriate support which may be via the phone.
The college is closely monitoring the current situation relating to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and, as a matter of routine, we are following the daily updates provided by the Government’s Department of Health and Social Care and Public Health England.
Check out the links below to keep yourself up to date:
- Public Health England – five things you can do to protect yourself and your community
- For updates see the NHS dedicated Coronavirus webpage
What you need to do to prevent catching and spreading the virus
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or use a sanitiser gel
- Catch coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues
- Throw away used tissues and then wash your hands
- If you don’t have a tissue use your sleeve
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell