City College Peterborough
Our strategic Careers Leader and Board of Governors Careers Lead will be responsible for our overarching careers strategy, championing within the college; parents, Governing Board and employers. Their role is to create opportunity and sustainability for learners to progress and develop their career pathways through dedicated and meaningful Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) throughout their educational journey within the college.
We will continue to develop our wider college approach to careers, encompassing the Matrix Standard which is currently embedded throughout the organization and align both to deliver a robust, high quality careers plan for leaners across the college. (To continue to develop and complete by 2020)
Our Career Strategy Strategic Leads are:
Curriculum Careers Lead
Study Programme Manager
- To continually review, develop and maintain a high quality, impartial suite of CEIAG resources for each programme delivery. Mapped and imbedded to curriculum and learner needs
- Monitor the usage of each resource type and explore if and how information sources can be improved through learner feedback and consult with CEIAG strategic leads
- Utilise ILM for all learners as part of their CEIAG passport and career pathways within the curriculum
Senior Wellbeing Officer
- Understand and work with the CEIAG team, support the objectives and vision of the Carers Strategy aim and objectives.
- Liaise with the SEN Coordinator and provide additional support for SEN learners where necessary.
- Inspire learners to be proactive with support and encourage them to explore their career prospects.
- Feedback specific student needs (or opportunities) to the CEIAG team
CEIAG SEN Co-Ordinator Role
- Advice, support and guide SEN learners to develop their individual careers passport and action plan pathways
- Review SEN student career action plans with their parents to ensure they are engaged and supportive of the plans
- Ensure the careers leader understands the Academy’s statutory responsibility to students with SEN
- Generate individual career action plans as part of the Education Health and Care plan.