Everything City College Peterborough students need to know

Here you’ll find all the information you need to know as a student studying at City College Peterborough.

Fees & Payments
Depending on the type of course you want to enrol for and the level of support you receive for the course, there are several different payment schemes that you will need to consider.

An individual course with a fee of up to £150 (after concession):

  • You will be required to pay for the course in full when you enrol.

An individual course with a fee between £151 and £849 (after concession):

  • You can pay the full payment at the time of enrolment OR
  • 60% of the course fee at the time of your enrolment and the remaining 40% by 1st December 2015.

An individual course with a fee of £850 or more (after concession):

  • You will be requires to make the full payment at the time of enrolment OR
  • 60% of the course fee at the time of enrolment, another 20% by the 1st December 2015 and 20% by the 4th March 2016.

Please note: It is our policy to reserve the right to request full payment at the time of enrolment. You are also liable for the full course fee, regardless of when you leave the course and irrespective of your payment method. It is important that you make payment(s) by the date(s) stated to secure your place on the course.

There may be additional fees throughout your course, for example if your course requires you to take an exam you may need to pay an exam entry fee.

If you are having problems paying for larger amounts, or would like more clarification on what payment options are open to you, please get in touch with our Customer Service team.
To find out more about concessionary fees and the City College Peterborough refund policy, please either get in touch with us or have a read of page 72 in our Course Guide.

Equality & Diversity
We take equal opportunities and diversity very seriously here at City College Peterborough. We pride ourselves on offering equality of access and opportunity to all learners and employees regardless of ability, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, ethnic origin, race, gender, health, offender background or previous education.

If you would like to know more about City College Peterborough’s Equal Opportunities Policy please get in touch with us to request a leaflet dedicated to the subject.

Child & Vulnerable Adult Safeguarding
The College is committed to promoting the welfare, safety and protection of all children, young people and vulnerable adults, both learners and staff. If you have any concerns or worries about your welfare or safety and would like to discuss this in confidence, please contact the Designated Person for Safeguarding on (01733) 761371.

Information, Advice & Guidance
If you feel you need any help in choosing a course, support during your studies or guidance on where to go next, our trained staff will be happy to help you. Simply get in touch with us today and we can either discuss things via a telephone conversation with you or we can arrange an in person meeting with you.

We can also offer one-to-one appointments for free information and advice or guidance. If you are thinking of returning to work after a break, changing career direction or need an opportunity to discuss your learning or training needs in more detail then please get in touch with our IAG Advisor by calling (01733) 761361 to arrange an appointment.

Learning Support
We will make every effort to provide specific support or equipment to meet your needs. Below are some examples:
• Individual hearing loops (for learners who wear hearing aids)
• Arrangements for audio and visual equipment in the classroom
• Worksheets produced in large text
• Coloured overlays
• Adaptive technology for computer courses e.g. adapted mouse, keyboards, and specialist software
• A Learning Support Assistant, Volunteer or Signer to assist you
• Arrangements with exam boards for support and/or extra time.

Learning support can usually be arranged to meet the individual needs of learners prior to enrolment. If you would like to discuss learning support, please get in touch with our Customer Services Team on (01733) 761 361.

A new free of charge information guide “Get back to where we do belong: An employment skills guide for people with newly acquired disabilities or health conditions” is now available, click here to download.  

Accessibility
Our Brook Street Site is accessible to learners with disabilities with ramps, lifts and doors, which facilitate access to all the buildings and classrooms. Most of our ‘Outreach’ venues have suitable access but the majority of these are not owned by City College Peterborough and not all classrooms may have disability access and/or facilities. Before you enrol please speak to a member of our Customer Services Team on (01733) 761361 with queries regarding access to or within one of our outreach venues.

Complaints Procedure

Our complaints procedure can be found here