City College Peterborough was founded in 1944 and has been providing adult learning ever since. But today, we have expanded our offering to include college courses, apprenticeships, 16-19 full/part time courses and workplace training for the Peterborough community.
Originally known as the Peterborough Adult Institute, the College changed its name in 1970 to become the Peterborough College of Adult Education. At the same time the College found its new home at Brook Street, in the heart of Peterborough.
In 2010, the College became City College Peterborough – as we know it today. The name reflects the College’s continued focus on providing courses and education to the all those who live in and work across Peterborough. That includes school leavers, apprentices, businesses, adults and families in over 60 communities, faith centres and schools throughout the city.
The College prides itself on the important role it plays in the Peterborough community – we work with people and organisations of all shapes and sizes, and from all sorts of backgrounds, to achieve their goals. With a huge variety of college courses, Saturday classes, training schemes and more we are able to offer the Peterborough community the opportunity to advance in the workplace, get their foot on the career ladder or perhaps just embrace a new hobby.
At City College Peterborough you will receive exceptional support from our management team, your tutors, the governors and the College community. Your education is important to us and we work extremely hard to help you get the most from your time with the College.
In fact, the hard work at City College Peterborough has been recognised with national awards and Ofsted reports including:
- The Investor in People Award for 15 consecutive years
- NIACE Adult Learners’ Week awards
- Peterborough Telegraph’s Business Award for Customer Service in 2013
- Peterborough Telegraph’s Business Award for Corporate Social Responsibility in 2014
- Ofsted Good Provider 2016
- Green Award 2017
- Outstanding for the delivery of the College’s Foundation Learning programme to young people
If you would like to know more about what we do here at City College Peterborough, here’s a quick summary of the services and college courses you can expect to find:
- College courses in Peterborough for students of all ages, levels and interests: discover the huge range of college courses, qualifications and accreditations available to you. That includes further education courses in Peterborough. Have a browse of our college course guides.
- Apprenticeships: An apprenticeship in Peterborough is a great way to earn as you learn in your chosen profession. We offer a wide range of apprenticeship programmes in Peterborough and the surrounding areas. Find out more about City College Peterborough apprenticeships here.
- Workplace training: Whether you are an employer or employee, workplace training can provide you with solutions for your workplace or your career. Discover a work-related qualification or distance-learning programme in Peterborough today.
- Room hire in Peterborough: City College Peterborough has two campuses in the city of Peterborough, with facilities available for hire including conference rooms, interview rooms and meeting rooms. You find more out about room hire in Peterborough here.
- Courses for families: Learning together as a family is fulfilling and enjoyable. We have courses available on a Saturday and during school holidays – the perfect chance for parents, children and young people to learn together. Find out more about the courses available in our Course Guide.
- Supported adult learning: City College Peterborough makes adult learning accessible, supportive and varied with a huge range of adult learning courses through Peterborough. That includes courses available in hospitals, day centres and local community hubs. Learn new skills and achieve nationally recognised qualifications within a caring and friendly environment, get in touch with us today.